Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Queen Seonduk" Photo Diary 3  by Alcheonrang Lee Seunghyo  12/10/09  


Finally, Mishil died and Doekman ascended to the throne In MBC Drama “Queen Seonduk”. The Hwarangs grew up to fulfill their duties in their own position and Queen Seonduk established the royal authority, which had been long lost. However, another conflict appears as some move forward to challenge the new leader. While “Queen Seonduk” is heading towards the end, reaching its climax, Alcheonrang Lee Seunghyo held his camera. He is showing hidden pictures of actors and lively scenes on the set.



The Set in Youngin

Hi, readers of “Lady Kyunghyang”. I’m Lee Seunghyo. As time went by in Drama “Queen Seonduk” I had to grow and get a mustache. (Laugh). I was pleased to get promoted to be the Shiwiburyung, which is today’s chief bodyguard at the presidential office. At last, here is the third story and my last photo diary. Thank you for your great support both online and offline. Um Taewoong, whose hobby is taking photos, sparked a trend among the actors.  There are more sounds of camera shutters that the actors are clicking to capture the lively scenes on the set. I think it’s their deep affection toward the drama. Although it’s cold and filming is hard, they try their best to stay in a good mood. If I have another opportunity, I want to provide you readers with more fun plans for articles. Now, let’s go to the scene of the third story, to the set in Yongin, Kyunggi-do.


Scene Photos 1 : How actors cope with cold weather



1. Don’t you feel the coldness just looking at the photo? The extras are warming themselves by the fire. I feel the actors’ joys and sorrows.  

2. Taewung, do you already miss Jindori?

3. These are puppy mittens. I borrowed them from Lee Yowon. She got them as a present from a fan.

4. The camera director is working hard in the cold weather. His red jacket is one which Lee Yowon presented to the filming staff.

5. Water in a pot used as a prop is frozen. It proves that the temperature is below zero.

6. Protect the queen from the coldness. Aren’t there any warm drama costumes?

7. This is a portable heater I got as a present from my fan. It’s so useful. Thank you.



The Yongin set is in a deep mountain where the wind blows very hard. Actors are shooting scenes shivering in the freezing cold weather. It is usually zero degrees, but it feels colder than that. I usually don’t mind  coldness; even in winter, I sleep with the window open. But now, I cannot stand the cold without covering my whole body with hot packs. To make it worse, the shoulder pad of my new armor is so big that I can’t wear a jacket or even put it over me.

The armor looks good, but it isn’t warm at all. You probably know that Kim Namgil is diagnosed with F1N1, don’t you? It seems like there are more victims. I’m going to  have a check-up tomorrow and I’m nervous. (I talked with Namgil too much..


Scene Photos  2 : How actors cope with makeup



1, 2: Years passed and our hair changed. Hairpins are on to set the style.

3.They say removing makeup is more important than putting it on. Is that right?

4,5 This is makeup for torture scenes. Does it hurt? They are holding hands.

6. Blood makeup attracts lots of bugs because the blood is made from syrup.

7. Oops, my mustache fell off. Put this on quickly! Guys’ mustache makeup is as hard as ladies’ wigs.

8. Seorabol’s famous gentlemen are in the neighborhood. They look cool.

Time flew and everyone changed into their new outfits. How do you like my new clothes? Actually my armor is from yushin. It is recycled from the one Pungwolju Yushin wore. Luckily, it looks new, but if you come close and look, you will find the decorations are plain and different from the other costumes. They say Queen Seonduk’s garments are worth tens of millions of won. I envy her. I suffered a lot because of my mustache in the drama “Daejoyoung”. Then I came to know that I’m allergic to glue. My skin became so reddish and swollen that it was really hard to shoot, so I’m using my own luxurious glue. I bought it with my own money. My mouth is the only part of my body that receives luxurious treatment. Haha. But the glue has its shortcomings. It’s hard to attach and it falls off easily. Once you put on the mustache, it’s hard to eat (you all know I love eating, don’t you?), and it’s hard to laugh out loud.


At last, Alcheonrang Lee Seunghyo says good bye.




1. These are two hyungnims (older brothers) I serve.

2. Holding a present makes my appearance become gentle.

3. Please keep loving ‘Queen Seinduk” and actor Lee Seunghyo.


I took photos in my spare time, but I’m not sure I showed you the atmosphere at the set well enough. Did you enjoy this for the three months? The confrontation between Mishil and Deokman ended but now the one between Bidam and Yushin begins. I think it will be as interesting as the ladies’ fight. I will stay by Yushin and Deonman’s side and help them with everything I have. I can’t wait until Bidam rises in rebellion. Alcheon feels bored of just guarding the gate all the time. Haha.

In the cold and unfavorable conditions, the actors are trying their best, but they still suffer physically. I felt relieved to hear that Lee Yowon recovered from shingles and now Kim Namgil is sick. I believe he’ll get well soon and join us in good health. It was decided that “Queen Seonduk” would be extended and aired until its 62nd episode. The director said it will give the actors with small parts an opportunity to show their ability. It will be fun to find the individuality of the hidden characters. I look forward to your continuous support. Good bye.




Planned by Lee Yoojin

Written and photographed by Lee Seunghyo and Jang Jinho

Translated by hyojan, dcinside


cr: dcinside

No comments:

Post a Comment