Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Old Interview


~Another Old Interview for Hyomates 8/4:

I'm not sure if you guys have this interview translated.
I chose this because it's one of my favorites.
Thanks, ninkarch (tashi and wo? too)
Enjoy ^.~

lee seung hyo interview

VJ Wally : Let me introduce Alcheonrang,
     the star that the drama "Queen Seonduk" made famous.
     Hi, nice to meet you.

Seunghyo :  Hello, viewers of "Wide TV Entertainment". Nice to meet you.
      I'm Lee Seunghyo playing Alcheon in "Queen Seonduk"


W : How are you doing lately?
     I'm wondering if you're feeling the effects of popularity
     even with your busy filming schedule.

S : I didn't realize it before.
     But I do now since some staff members told me how famous I was.
     I never expected it,though.


W : In your Cyworld, you posted "Afternoon of 30". So, your age is ...?

S : I'm 29, 30 in Korean age.
     Afternoon means the busiest and most active time of day.
     I think these days are my afternoon.


W : How did you understand and interpret your role as Alcheonlang?

S : Alcheon is a real person in history. I understand he had a strong image.
     He had a remarkable talent for wars and was a great warrior.
     Since I thought I didn't have his characteristics,
     I contemplated over what I should do with this role .
     I tried hard to show a strong impression in my own way.
     Luckily, the viewers seemed to like it. I don't think I failed, at least.


W : It was far from a failure.
     What is your number one scene among those aired so far?

S : It's the Nangjang scene, which was aired recently.
     I made an effort to do my best, but,personally, I was disappointed.
     I prepared a lot for that scene, but it was not expressed well enough on TV.


W : You're holding a picture. What is it?

S : This is from Yooshin Taewoong. He loves taking pictures.
     He took a picture of me and gave it to me. See?


W : Are you giving it to us as a gift?
S : Uh, this is a present for me.

W : I think you frequently hear that you resemble someone.

S : I don't think I need to answer this because everybody seems to know already.


W : Okay, I have a list of them. Lee Joongi, Ji Hyunwoo.
     Wait, there's Park Myungsoo, too.

S : Actually, when I heard I looked like somebody for the first time, it was Park Myungsoo.
     My superior told me that when I was in the army.
     I kind of admit it. Do I really resemble him?


W : Is there a role that you really want to play next?

S : A bad guy like Ha Jungwoo in his movie "The Chaser".
     I'm often told I look angry when I don't smile,
     even though I'm not thinking of anything particular.
     I try to smile often so I won't be misunderstood.

W : You work without a manager, don't you?
S : I'm trying to find one, but it's not easy, actually.

W : Managers out there, take him!
     I'm sorry, but how much would you pay your manager?

S : Excuse me? (laugh)

W : Because I can work two or three jobs.
     I'm a good driver, too.

S : Why don't we meet and talk about it after this show?
     Honestly, it's hard to drive at night, my vision is getting worse at night.


W : There is a surprise event prepared for you.
      Voila, a wine glass.
      We got this drink, Misu for you.
      I wish you will continue to be an actor who is fresh and filling like this drink.
      Shall we drink together?
      We will support you and hope that you will develop more and more.
      Thank you for being with us today.


S: Is this homemade?
     It tastes like something out of a convenience store.
     I'm certain of it!




FYI * Misu is Seunhyo's favorite drink.
        It's a kind of Korean traditional beverage made of grain powder.
     * Now he has his own manager and agency.

cr: hyojan dcinside

No comments:

Post a Comment